Saturday 30 January 2010

Stampin' Up! Extravaganza Day Today.......Projects.

Hello! Sorry its been a few days not updating the blog, but Jo and I were preparing for our Stampin Up Extravaganza Day, which was today......

A Big Thank You to all our Lovely Ladies who attended, 28 in total. Big Wave :-)

You alldid brilliantly with your Projects - Hope you all liked them and we know we worked you all so very Hard! What a way to spend a Saturday......

Want to come to our next one in July? Email Jennymoors@aol.com to get your name down.

We did two projects in the morning and One project in the Afternoon.

This is the afternoon Project. The stamp set is called On a Pedestal. We had four tables and each table did a different version of the same project. One is Bold brights, One is Earth Elements, One is Rich Regals, One is Soft Subtles.
All the cards are exactly the same but the images were stamped in the different colour families.
This one is Bold Brights, using Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Pixie Pie, YoYo Yellow, Real Red.

This is the Earth Elements, using Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red.


This is the Rich Regals, using Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Rose Red, So Saffron.



This is the Soft Subtles, using Lavender Lace, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Real Red.



This is My Project for the morning. Using the Good Egg Stamp Set.

We made a Treat Bag and a Mini Side Step Card.

We made the So Saffron set but the others are Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink.
The papers are the Tea party designer series pack.


To Make the Side Step Cards.......
Cut cardstock 4" x 8"
With the 4" side running along the top, use the fiskars cutter and line up the left side at 1 1/4".
Then cut down FROM 2" to 7 3/4"
Turn the cardstock, with the 8" side running along the top,
Score from the cut line to the other edge at 3/4", 1 1/2", 2 3/4", 4", 6"
On the 4" score line, Score the whole width of the cardstock, This is the fold to fold the card in half.
Fold the cardstock in half at the 4" score line, then concertina the step section, by folding mountain, valley, mountain, valley, mountain, for the steps.


The measurements for the Treat Bag is 3 1/8" x 11 1/2".
Score along the 11 1/2" side at 4 3/4" & 6 3/4".
Punch a window using the scallop circle punch in one of the long sections, this will be the front.
Cut a piece of Certainly Celery 3 1/8" x 3 1/4". Along the 3 1/4" side score at 1 5/8". Use the eyelet border punch on both edges. Fold in half and wrap this over the top of the base. I sandwiched the small treat bag with chocolate eggs inbetween the So Saffron base, fold over the Certainly Celery topper and use the Crop a dile to punch two holes for the ribbon to go through.
The ribbon is pink taffeta.
This is the side view of the Step Card. When folded it measures 4" x 4".

You can see the chocolate Egg treat bag inside on this view.


Jo will be uploading her project here, So Pop over to jo's blog and take a look. I don't have a photo myself.
We were so busy setting up the tables, that I forgot to take a minute to photo all the table settings and lunch bags.......Hope you liked them. Got to love the butterflies!
Right my legs are about to drop off, so thats enough from me today.
Check back Monday for the Good Egg Stamp Class.
Thank You Jo for being such a Great Stampin Up Buddie.....
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx










10 comments:

Janette said...

I saw these in REAL life and it was an A-MA-ZING day...so much thought time and effort went into making sure we all had a fab time the attention to detail was PERFECT nothing was left out....great raffle prizes and prize patrol and a surprise of a free stamp set to use for the afternoon project...it was BRILLIANT and I cant wait for the next one so put my name down Jenny.....please.....
I feel so lucky to have you as my SU demonstrator and such a lovely friend to boot... !!!
Hugs
Janette x

Val said...

Jenny fab day thankyou so much, as Janette has said a lot of time and effort spent and attention to detail second to none, I also would like my name down for the next event much love Val xxx

Fiorella said...

Wow....I love the On A Pedestal set!!!and the idea to have different versions of the same project is really super. Thanks for sharing the Mini Side Step Card tutorial. I'll try it!

Jane said...

Thanks Jenny - Just like I said in my email last night (FAB DAY).
Put my name down for July

I'm still on a high from yesterday!!

Love Jane x

Shandell said...

I LOVE all your cards / creations!! I've really enjoyed looking at everything you have made.

jeanne nielsen said...

I love your projects! Wish I was closer to come to one of these events (I'm across the pond and have followed your blog for a while now!) I just got the "On a Pedestal stamp myself, thinking it would make a great stamp class some day -- would you mind if I cased a bit? I'll make sure to give credit to you and Jo! Love the step card too! TFS!

Moira said...

Great projects Jenny, I bet everyone had a ball. It's interesting to see the different colour families with the same card design! Must pop over to Jo's blog now.

Julie Spencer said...

Thank you Jenny for a great day yesterday - the personal gifts and the classes were lovely - can't wait to do the next one! We all had a fantastic time on our table (1) but only one comment - can we make it longer next time lol!! A weekend extravaganza would be great...

Mary said...

What can I say - Janette has said it all both here and on her blog. It was a fabulous, fabulous perfectly lovely day and I can't wait until the next one (I'm sure Jenny has me down already)
Love Mary xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Natasha Zandbergen said...

Hi Jenny - these kits are wonderful! the pictures of your Extravaganza are very inspiring. Are you going to be selling the kit instructions? I would love to have my customers make that at an upcoming class.

Natasha Zandbergen
Calgary, AB Canada

 
09 10