Saturday 23 February 2008

Shapes & Shadows......Embossed Dots Again!

Wow! Just uploaded these photo's and Gosh they are bright! They are warm in real life, funny how sometimes the photo's make the cards look bigger and different!

This is for Beates Weekend Challenge, I seem to be Addicted to Challenge Layouts at the moment. I love to see what Beate from Fresh & Fun Blog gets us to do each Friday......Great start to the Weekend. The other Ladies that help her with their versions are so amazing as well, pop over to Beate's Blog and get the low down.....

This card is Old Olive, half a sheet folded in half. Trying to come up with some simple cards for my two workshops this week and this layout worked well for this.....

The stamp set is Shapes and Shadows which is on special offer until 29th February. The cardstock is Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive and Whisper White.
The Old Olive square is 4.5cm x 4.5cm and I embossed the dots using the Crop a Dile and the clear pricking mat from the Crafters Tool Kit.


I stamped 3 flowers, 2 in Pumpkin Pie and 1 in Real Red on whisper white cardstock. I did 2 step stamping on the pumpkin pie flowers with the other stamp. I added some rhinestone brads and 3d foam pads to layer up.

The Canvas Background stamp was used on the large layer of Pumpkin Pie with same ink, then I stamped the little flower in Real Red. The ribbon is Real Red. Note to self.....Buy some Pumpkin Pie SU Ribbon - Can't believe I am missing that colour.




This is the pricking mat from the Crafters Tool Kit. I used this to emboss the dots. Janette and I had played with this before but forgot about it until I saw over at Dannies Blog, she has used and We remembered about doing this on Friday......

Great minds.....


The setting on the Crop a Dile is A 1.

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

2 comments:

Tara said...

love the card...the colors are awesome! Also what a great tip for embossing dots! I just got a crop-a-dile so I am excited to try this!!! :)

Mary said...

Wow - what a colourful card and everything matches so perfectly. Now I have the Crop-o-dile and the Piercing mat I will have to try this sometime when my hand is up to it.
Mary xx

 
09 10