Tuesday 23 October 2007

Upside Down Joy Card.......

Gosh! This took me an absolute age to complete....

I had already stamped and coloured the Booglie Eyes characters, they were left over from the Shadow Box, but even so this card took far too long and I made such a mess!! I didn't have an idea when I started and I think that was the problem and I was trying to do it in between work, doing tea and ironing!! Busy Week.....

The measurements are as follows but hold it all together before you glue it so you are sure where all the layers go as I wanted the card to stand up so I added a back...

I started off with Elegant Eggplant 11cm x 28 cm folded in half. Then Basic Black 11cm x 23cm scored and folded at 14cm this forms the piece that folds up from the bottom.
Then Only Orange 10cm x 23cm scored and folded at 13cm so this is the piece that folds down from the top.

I glued the eggplant to the black, ie so the short part came up the front of the eggplant see a side photo further down to check the look. Then I layed the black fold down away from the eggplant and glued the only orange after I stamped it with Linen background stamp in Only Orange. Again the other photos explain this much better.



I attached the spotty paper to the front of the black layer, which is out of a DCWV stack retro. I added some ribbon which I taped at the back so it doesn't move about. I added the witch which was cut out using the 2 circle punches. This I mounted using some foam pads so you can stick the top front fold just under it and open when you like.





I decorated the front by stamping the tree and sun from a clear woodware set, which is christmas!! I cut a circle in the black and added the characters. I layered this to some more eggplant and pricked the edges.


You can see in this photo how the orange layer goes over the black fold at the bottom.



This shows whats inside when you open the front folds. Maybe a bit plain but I was fed up with cutting out . Hee Hee!!

This view probably shows all the layers much better. I am going to add an insert to the eggplant as well.


The cobwebs are from the Wizardry Woodware set.

Any queries just let me know and I will fill you in.

Have a great day,
Jenny:-) xx

3 comments:

Mary said...

Gosh - great card - wouldn't mind it for my Halloween, I'd treasure it. Not a card for 'our' day though? but there again maybe OK if it was the only card. Good job you have so much patience.
Mary xx

Unknown said...

This is an awesome card. Love the witch stamp. Lots of layers to this card.

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

WOW! I love it! It would be a very cute suprise to have so many openings for the receiver. I really like the bat upside down. Very cute!

 
09 10