Sunday 14 October 2007

Origami Box............

While reading all your lovely comments for the Blog Candy, one of the comments is from Tara .
I popped over to her blog and she had just made a gorgeous origami box from using Kristina's Video over on her blog. So a link after link I found her video here.

You can find her tutorials listed down the right hand side of her blog, believe me, she is a very talented lady on the video camera.



These boxes are made out of 2 pieces of 12 x12 paper. I tried it with 3 sorts of paper, K&Co. double sided paper, stampin up paper and DCVW paper from their stack packs.




The K&Co. is the strongest but was quite thick when doing all the folds, stampin up was the one I preferred, as not too thick but makes a strong box and the DCVW was still ok but would need some cardstock to weight the inside top and bottom.


The flower on the top is a Thick Cut die from Big Shot and mounted on a 3" scalloped circle and a 3"circle punch. I stamped all over the band with priceless, swirls.





This is the inside, I finished the inside of the box with some extra purely pomergranate cardstock.


Pop over and watch the video, I only watched it once like Tara said she did. Its fantastic......Thanks Kristine.









I also made these keyrings for the addicted ladies. They are a selection of all the cardstock from stampin up. They are so useful. You can take them out with you to see what other products match, thats how Janette found the brads in the range match the in colours.

The keyring holders are from the range.








I added a label on the back of each piece.




Must get back to card making as I have cleared all 3 desks now of bits and bobs.....

Don't forget if you haven't entered the Blog Candy, see further down the blog and enter your comment.

Thanks for Looking,
Jenny:-)xx

6 comments:

Scrappy Moments said...

Darling Oragami Box :) Thank You for stopping by my blog :)

Angie

Tara said...

Your box is so cute!! I love the cutie pie paper!! I love your flower on the top too...so pretty! :)

Sarah Green said...

I am so making one for myself!!!

Mikaela Titheridge said...

What a great idea with the keyring of colours. I love to plan my crafting by colour and this is just a great way to purchase the right things that coordinate. Just like Colour me Beautiful but for my Craft Desk ... LOL.

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Lovely box Jenny, I really like your flower.I also came across the same site on Friday evening and just had to make a box.

Shannon McGann said...

Hi Jenny, Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm loving all your work here! You are very talented! I love this box and the idea for the tags of cardstock. TFS!

 
09 10